- University of Maryland has announced cancellation and restriction plans to prevent coronavirus transmission. All large events and travel are cancelled through April 5th and groups have been advised not to plan any new large events for 60 days. Students are also advised not to return to school for a week after spring break and then prepare for online classes through April 10th. We will keep updating everyone as we learn more over the coming weeks. What this does mean now:
- BAM Jam 2020 has regrettably been cancelled.
- Ballroom practice space and classes are cancelled until at least April 10th.
- As of now, Terp Ball will still happen since no cancellations have been made for May.
- IMLeagues Sign Up: If you haven't signed up on IMLeagues yet, we need you to fill out a waiver and join our roster. Normally, you would need to go to the sports club office in person to sign up since open enrollment has passed, but we are unsure how to proceed with all the cancellations. If you still need to sign up, you can either email RecWell asking how to do so or wait until April 10th to go in person.
- Bigs/Littles: Team captains will be assigning bigs and littles to those who want them soon. In BAM, bigs act as mentors for their littles. Littles can go to their bigs for advice about dancing, competitions, partners, or anything else ballroom-related. If you'd like to be a big or little, please fill out the big/little form here. Just because we aren't meeting in person, doesn't mean you can't make a new ballroom friend!