Ballroom at Maryland focuses on international styles of dance: Standard and Latin.
Newcomer Info Session and Intro to Waltz and Cha Cha
Thursday, February 5th 9-11 PM in the School of Public Health volleyball gym.
Interested students can come and find out what the ballroom club is all about, see a couple of cool demonstrations from some of our dancers, and learn the basics of waltz and cha cha. We look forward to seeing everyone there!
Winter Practice Space Times
Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday
6-9pm in the SPH Multipurpose Room (0128)
Spring Practice Space Times
Wednesday: 4-7 pm
Thursday: 9-11 pm
Friday: 9-11 pm
Sunday: 2-5 in the Multipurpose Room
Spring Class Schedule (updated 12/7/14)
- 4-5 Newcomer Latin (Maddie)
- 5-6 Newcomer Standard (Henry)
- 6-7 Newcomer/Bronze Rounds and Practice (Steph)
- 4-5 Newcomer Standard (Nick and Elizabeth)
- 5-6 Newcomer Latin (Kristina)
- 5-6 Standard Silver-Gold (Marit)
- 6-7 Newcomer/Bronze Rounds and Practice (Liz D)
- 6-7 Latin Silver-Gold (Dennis)
- 9-10 Latin Bronze-Gold Technique and Rounds (Jessica)
- 9-10 Beg West Coast Swing (Patrick/Helen)
- 10-11 Standard Bronze-Gold Supervised Rounds (Yo)
- 2-3:30 Bronze Class (Helen)
For a more detailed look at the schedule, please go to the Class Schedule page.
Dan's Monday Classes
Dan Calloway is a professional ballroom dancer with years of experience teaching people of all ages and levels. His students dance socially and many also train and compete in dance sport competitions, but no one is required to compete. His classes allow people to learn dance in a quick, efficient manner, while maintaining a fun learning environment. No partner required.
Introduction to International Style Ballroom Dance and Latin ( 7:00 PM- 8:30 PM, 2/9-4/20, 10 )
Bronze Level International Style Ballroom Dance and Latin ( 8:30 PM- 10:00 PM, 2/9- 3/9, 5 )
Silver Level International Style Ballroom Dance and Latin ( 8:30 PM- 10:00 PM, 3/23-4/20, 5 )